Do you have a passion for photography? Are parties, great music, yummy food and pretty things kinda your jam? But most importantly, are you exceptionally talented at herding children/pets?
(Of course, we’re only half-joking about the last part; herding skills are not required – but it’ll come in handy…trust us).
If so, we’d love to have you join our family of photographers! Our roster of awesome, talented creatives all receive in-house training, workshops and most importantly – bookings!
So…what’s the catch? Our ideal candidates have the following:
- Gear – It doesn’t matter if you shoot with Nikon, Canon or Sony; we just need to make sure you have the tools necessary to get the job done.
- Photography Assistants – 1 camera body (cropped is okay, full framed is preferred) // 50mm or 85mm // 1 speedlight
- 2nd Photography – 2 camera bodies (1 must be full framed) // 50mm or 85mm, and anything wider than 35mm // 2 speedlights
- Lead Photography – 2 camera bodies (both must be full framed) // 85mm, macro, and anything wider than 35mm // 2 speedlights & OCF accessories
- Transportation – Pearl Paper Studio’s geographical footprint covers all 5 boroughs of NYC, parts of Long island, Westchester and pretty much all of Central/Northern New Jersey; so having a car is a must! From a logistical standpoint, ideal candidates should also reside within this geographical footprint.
- Commitment – Since we will be expending an incredible amount of time, energy and resources into your training, our photographers agree to a 1-year non-compete (after the last booking) as it applies to wedding photography in the Northern NJ/NYC metropolitan area. You are still able to take your own bookings for family, maternity, editorial, events and real estate work, however we’ll need to have the ability to book you 12-18 months in advance (especially since we’ll be training you!).
- Herding skills – On second thought, maybe it’s better that you have it :).
Compensation is commensurate with experience and portfolio.
Interested? Have more questions? We’d love to hear from you! Email us anytime at firstname.lastname@example.org.